• It doesn’t appear to save the bottom settings and then it generates an error because there isn’t a password – since it’s not saving those settings.
    Hurry up please. I want to buy this because I have custom fields, but I got 2 other plugins running. This one looks the best – if it only worked!.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Plugin Author jcollings

    (@jcollings)

    Hi Mike,

    Sorry to hear you are having issues with the importer.

    When it doesnt save the settings, what happens when you press the “Save All” Button? does it white screen, throw an error?

    Are you able to send me information about your setup, e.g. wordpress version and any other information you think may be relevent in solving your issue, if you do not want to post that information public you can submit a private support ticket here: https://jclabs.ticksy.com/

    I have run a quick test with the latest wordpress version, and plugin version from the wordpress repo and have been able to save after enabling the “Generate Password” setting.

    I have noticed that the free version of the plugin is missing some recent updates (Mainly fixing the csv column selector not selecting on click), and i will get this pushed shortly.

    James

    Hi James

    Thanks for getting back to me.
    My site is complex BUT I installed a new site on MAMP and still now luck saving the password setting – or any setting for that matter in that dialog:
    Template Fields –> Settings.

    The top dialog (Import Settings –> all tabs) is working.

    MAMP Pro 4.1
    PHP 7.1.1
    MySQL 5.6.35

    Thanks
    Mike

    Plugin Author jcollings

    (@jcollings)

    It sounds like the plugin is having an issue with PHP 7.1.1, I will setup a test server with php 7.1.1 and keep you updated with what i find.

    James

    Thanks – just use MAMP regular. Or MAMP Pro 14 day trial.
    If you use Pro – click local host->Extras->Add WordPress.
    Just takes a few seconds.
    FY – I didn’t find any error messages in the console.

    Plugin Author jcollings

    (@jcollings)

    I have put a fix in place that should hopefully solve your issue, this was down to php7.1 strict type checks throwing an error.

    You can download the latest version from github, https://github.com/jcollings/jc-importer

    I still need to run a few more tests before i can push this into wordpress.org plugin repository.

    James

    Hi James

    I was able to import one record.
    The fields mapped properly.

    There seem to be quite a few problems, but maybe it’s just Javascript stuff.

    I ran into a problem yesterday with a plugin – 2000 users suffering for several months because one of the more famous WP developers refused to spend 5 seconds just to change a class name that was generating a Javascript error.

    1. The field selection process isn’t working. I can manually add {x} and I get the fields from the first record and nothing else. The record scroller doesn’t work nor the place to enter the record number.

    2. Not seeing either tab list – although that’s not function so I don’t really care.

    3. And the problem with the field viewer translates to the importer as it only sees one record as well.

    Cheers
    Mike

    Plugin Author jcollings

    (@jcollings)

    I think this is my bad, the github link actually requires you to have to build the plugin, then install it as some of the minified versions of the scripts/styles are not stored via git.

    Previously were you able to view more than 1 record?

    Yes.
    Can I just change the register/enqueue script links?

    Plugin Author jcollings

    (@jcollings)

    A quick fix would be in your wp-config.php file change your WP_DEBUG constant to false:

    define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);

    instead of

    define(‘WP_DEBUG’, true);

    This will tell the plugin not to use .min versions of the scripts.

    Plugin Author jcollings

    (@jcollings)

    or if that fails or you dont want to put it out of debug mode, then you can overide the version that is being used.

    File: app/admin.php on line 30
    change:
    $ext = ‘.min’;
    to
    $ext = ”;

    and in app/ajax.php on line 33 do the same
    change:
    $ext = ‘.min’;
    to
    $ext = ”;

    Hi James

    It looks better but there is still some things wrong.
    I had to use the old CSS as there was no compiled CSS on GitHub.

    Cheers
    Mike

    Plugin Author jcollings

    (@jcollings)

    If you create a ticket https://jclabs.ticksy.com/ i can send you the compiled plugin zip file.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Not working for Users’ is closed to new replies.