The box would become ‘automatically’ checked whenever I did a save, even though it was not checked when I selected the save button.
I tried uninstalling the app, and then re-installing it three times. I went to the core website folders to insure that there were no residual files left after the last two un-installs. Regardless of what I tried, the box would become ‘automatically’ checked when ever I did a save.
I have since installed Facebook Auto Publish, which worked correctly right off the bat.
It would be nice to understand what was wrong with the FB app, as I would like to use the same thing across all of my sites.