When sharing to Facebook it does not pick up an image from the post. A few different things can happen when sharing to Facebook:
– it picks up nothing from the post, not even text or URL
– it picks up the URL from the post but not any text or image
– it picks up the text but not the (or any) image from the post
– it picks up an image from the page but not from the actual post contents, for example the top-banner image or a (possibly) widget image
And only occasionally all works fine and it picks up both URL, snippet, heading, and a post image.
That the post contents is not picked up correctly previously happened occasionally but recently (over the last few days or a week) it happens very, very frequently. Only occasionally does sharing to Facebook work correctly.
I really wish the source for this problem could be found since it greatly reduces the value of sharing to Facebook.
This is the site (one of the sites) where I use it:
And on this Facebook page you can see how it has functioned recently:
- The topic ‘Not picking up post image when sharing to Facebook’ is closed to new replies.