I'm also experiencing the same issue and more...
* Screen Option Missing
* Help Missing
* All Editing Functions/Buttons Missing
* Sharebar is Missing
* And More
These issues occurred after the 3.1 upgrade and I'm still experiencing the same issues with the recent 3.1.1 upgrade.
I've done everything as instructed above...
Deactivating all plugins to see if this resolves the problem. If this works, re-activate the plugins one by one until you find the problematic plugin(s).
- switching to the Twenty Ten theme to rule out any theme-specific problems.
- resetting the plugins folder by FTP or PhpMyAdmin. Sometimes, an apparently inactive plugin can still cause problems.
- re-uploading the wp-admin and wp-includes folders from a fresh download of WordPress.
- increasing the memory available to PHP: as for this, my hosting service is with Hostgator and this is what they told me...
...the memory size can not be changed in the php.ini file it is preset on our servers http://support.hostgator.com/articles/cpanel/php-settings-that-cannot-be-changed
My WordPress blog is located at http://internettvdotcom.com. These issues are only related to when I use Mozilla to visit this one site. When I use any other browser such as IE and Safari there are no issues. Everything appears and working. Also, I used my Mozilla Firefox browser for my other WordPress blogs that are quite different in design and there are no issues.
Hostgator support checked my dashboard using a Firefox browser and said everything looks fine.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. My next move is to contact Mozilla support for help.
This is very strange and I'm quite baffled.