Support » Plugin: Relevanssi - A Better Search » No results for translated (WPML) taxonomy

  • Resolved misterdaco

    (@misterdaco)


    Hello Mikko,

    When performing a search for a French keyword (in a custom taxonomy) from both ‘fr’ and ‘en’ page, no results are displayed.
    Searching for English keywords in the ‘en’ corresponding taxo, results display fine from both ‘en ‘and ‘fr’ pages.

    Taxos are duplicated with WPML, from ‘en’ (main language) to ‘fr’

    Admin search return no result on French keyword neither. You can use ‘Maison’ for exemple as keyword to search. You can see these French keywords displayed on cards.
    “Limit results to current language” setting is not ticked.

    It looks like the search is not taking into account the ‘translated’ taxonomy.

    Any idea ?

    Thanks !
    Franck

    The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Plugin Author Mikko Saari

    (@msaari)

    I can’t reproduce the problem. Here’s what I did:

    1. In WPML taxonomy translation, I translated a tag in Finnish in English.
    2. I edited an English-language post, gave it the English translation of the tag.
    3. Set Relevanssi to index tags and rebuilt the index.

    Now if search with the Finnish name of the tag, I find the posts that have the Finnish tag, and when I search for the English name of the tag, I find the one post with the English tag.

    So – what am I missing here?

    Hi Mikko,

    Thanks for your fast answer.

    On my side, they are custom taxonomy (article_category) and custom post type (cpt_article), is it related ?
    On the link I shared you can see that searching for “Maison” (which is the French translation of “Home”) no post is find, despite you can see the keyword “Maison” on the card itself (from French page). Can you reproduce on the link ?

    Best

    Hi again Mikko,

    Following the previous post and in a result there are 2 custom taxonomies, one in French and the ‘original’ one in English.
    Also posts are duplicated, with unique IDs

    Please see this screenshot

    Hope this give you more info.

    Franck

    Plugin Author Mikko Saari

    (@msaari)

    Which taxonomy or custom post type this is shouldn’t be related. To Relevanssi, post is a post and a taxonomy is a taxonomy. As long as the taxonomy translations are set properly in WPML, it should work.

    I see the problem on your site, but I can’t reproduce it on mine, so I can’t study it.

    Have you done the taxonomy translations in WPML “Taxonomy Translation” settings?

    Hi Mikko,

    I uninstall and re-install Relevanssi plugin, run the index again, and now it is working fine ! Perhaps a corruption in the db, or related that I installed WPML some times after using Relevanssi.

    Anyhow, this is working now, thanks a lot for your time and support, you rock. Keep up the great work, your plugin is awesome !

    To answer your question: yes translation is done from WPML Taxonomy Translation and all terms appear translated, hierarchy synchronised too. WPML taxonomy setting is set to “Translatable – only show translated items”

    Best

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘No results for translated (WPML) taxonomy’ is closed to new replies.