This is my first time using WordPress, and I’m following basic setup instructions. Here’s what I did:
– Set up a MySQL database on godaddy hosting
– Downloaded the wordpress package, unpacked it into a folder called “wordpress” in my site root directory
– Renamed “wp-config-sample.php” to “wp-config.php”, then filled in the “DB_NAME” “DB_USER” “DB_PASSWORD” and “DB_HOST” fields in this file with the info on godaddy
– Synced entire wordpress folder to my website
– Opened up “www.name_of_my_website.com/wordpress/index.php” (sorry it’s not really finished website so I’ll just make up its URL)
Then I get the “No input file specified” error. The web URL also automatically changes to “http://name_of_my_website.com/wordpress/index.php/wp-admin/install.php”/
Does anyone know how to correct this?
- The topic ‘No input file specified error’ is closed to new replies.