[Resolved] No email
Plugin Version: 4.3.4
unfortunately the contact form does not work.
No email can be received.
Recipient: is defined
Akismet: is installed, but not activated
Spam Folder on recipient side: no spam email
Are you getting the usual WP email notifications such as when a new comment is added?
Comments are deactivated by using “Disable Comments” plugin.
I activated to test this plugin and sent again emails using Contact Form. I cannot get still emails.
My site is in the test phase now.
I have just found ou that the register opton does not work correctly.
If somebody tries to Register on the web site, he gets the error:
“ERROR: The email address isn’t correct.”
We need to check that email is generally working on your wordpress installation. If it isn’t then this plugin won’t work either as it uses the same (wp-mail) function to send emails.
Do you ever get wordpress emails, for example notifying you of new versions?
Can you add a new WP user. Do you get a notification email from WP when a new user is added?
I suspect that an email server is not set up on your host. Are you running your site locally or hosted?
I have just again tested some functionality.
– the user can register on the WP site and get confirmation email
– the user can Login on WP site and write comments
– the admin of WP site does NOT get any email about comments, although this Option is activated on WP.
About my site and email:
– my domain / website provider is dynadot.com
– my email domain provider Microsoft (Office 365)
– email functionality on Microsoft site is perfect (no problem)
I have forgotten to write:
– when the user has registered, the WP admin does NOT get any email about the registration.
It’s odd that you DON’T get WordPress emails but when a new user registers they DO get an email.
On the plugin can you tick ‘Override ‘From’ Address’ and set ”From’ Email Address’ to an email address of the SAME domain as your website. Please also make sure that this email address is a fully working one.
Possibly your host is stopping you from sending emails from an address that is outside the hosted domain.
thanks for your response.
Unfortunately, there is no success.
I tested following:
– I activated “Override” > “From address”
– I added another domain user which has emailbox
– An external user made comments on WP site…
– An external user sent email using Contact Form…
Result: WP admin get no email. Only the comments are saved on the admin site of WP. Bu no email to admin.
I repeated the above tests with another user on the Contact Form settings. It is independent from the email address which I set onWP Contact Form. The result is the same: no email.
The Problem is solved now.
The problem was on the probvider site. They routed the emails not correctly on the web Server.
The contact form works now!
Thank you for your Support.
Can you suggest me any goof premium template for the photography? I have selected some templates below. Perhaps you can suggest any one or another?
Glad the problem is fixed and thanks for letting me know. The only photographic theme I have used is photocrati you could have a look at that one. I don’t know how it compares to the ones you have listed.
I am marking the issue as resolved now.
Many thanks, Meg
- The topic ‘[Resolved] No email’ is closed to new replies.