[Resolved] Nginx WP Multisite – "Warning: An existing WordPress network was detected"
I’m trying to setup WordPres multisite under Debian 6, Nginx, PHP5-FPM and MySQL.
I’ve followed the Codex, so these has been my steps:
1) Deployed a Debian 6 image on a new Linode 512 VPS
2) Installed Nginx, PHP5-FPM, MySQL
3) Downloaded an installed WordPress 3.5 (the Spanish version, though this shouldn’t make a difference)
4) Edited wp-config.php to add the needed
/* Multisite */
As shown on the WordPress Codex (http://codex.wordpress.org/Create_A_Network#Step_2:_Allow_Multisite)
5) I get the Network Setup option on my dashboard, so I go there, select subdomains (not subdirectories, although I’ve tried also this).
6) Once I save the configuration and reloaded the page, it asks me to add a few more lines to the wp-config.php file as expected:
7) I can’t use the .htaccess entries, so I’ve followed this WordPress support post from a user that had success at this:
The Nginx config files are three: the main one,
And the other two that are called
So after applying these changes and restarting Nginx, I reload again the site, but the network setup page gives me a “Warning: An existing WordPress network was detected”.
8) I try to log out and log in again to see if something has changed, but no luck.
Even with all that changes, I can’t get the process to go further than that. I’ve checked the database and the new tables (wp_blogs, wp_blog_versions, etc) are there. If I drop them, the network setup shows me again the option to select subdomains or subdirectories but I go over and over to step 7). I’ve uploaded a screenshot of that message here: http://i.imgur.com/yiMmL.jpg
I think all the problem lies in Nginx, but I think everything should be fine.
- The topic ‘[Resolved] Nginx WP Multisite – "Warning: An existing WordPress network was detected"’ is closed to new replies.