Is it possible to have next/previous links with the Testimonials? Or a pause button? Thanks for developing this plugin by the way! It’s working nicely on my client site.
I will look into adding this in the near future. Thanks for the review. and I am glad you like it.
I have added Prev, Pause(Play), and Next links. The shortcode has options to enable the links along with the text for each one. The widget has similar options.
I will be pushing the update in the morning.
Thanks for the great idea.
I pushed an update this morning with those buttons and options. They default to off. Refer to the documentation page on turning the links on for the shortcode.
I stumbled upon this plugin and found it useful since the individual testimonials it can be dragged and rearranged. I am not using this for testimonials but for listing out the cases solved by us. IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN SHOW THE author field above each testimonial. Presently it is appearing below the testimonial. Because I would like to use this field for title for the testimonial posts. Alternatively is there any way I can add a field above the testimonial.
Thanks for this nice plugin. I look forward to your advice.
Currently there is now setting for that. You could set a position:relative; on the hms-testimonial-container class and then use position:absolute on the testimonial, author and url classes. This is kind of “hacky” so I don’t know if you would want to go that route.
What kind of field are you adding? The testimonial textarea box supports HTML so you could probably get away with just adding it above the actual testimonial content.
You may be happy to learn that I have added in “templates” starting in version 1.6.1. You can use these in both the shortcodes and the widgets. They allow you to pick the order in which the testimonial, author, and url are displayed in.
1 – Testimonial, Author, URL
2 – Testimonial, URL, Author
3 – Author, Testimonial, URL
4 – Author, URL, Testimonial
5 – URL, Author, Testimonial
6 – URL, Testimonial, Author
Add template= and the number from above to your shortcodes. Widgets are a matter of selecting a drop down. It will always default to 1.
Thanks for the imprvovement. Really useful. I need one more advice.
If I am using the the plugin without assigning any Group, how do I break after a no. of testimonials. For e.g. I have about 45 testimonials. I want to:
1. Break every 15 testimonials
2. Previous and next testimonial page should appear in every testimonial page as the case may be.
One more thing. Can a sl. no. be assigned automatically for every testimonial which should get recalculated when testimonials moved to a different order.
Sorry to bother you….
1. I can add that in. It will end up being attributes added to the shortcodes for the start and limit.
example: [hms_testimonials start=1 limit=15]
2. So you are looking to have it paginate? So after the first 15 (example) there will be a Next Page to load more?
Can a sl. no. be assigned automatically
I don’t understand what you are asking here. There is a display order number that gets recalculated after you change the order.
BRAVO! Thank you so much for adding the next/prev functionality!! Absolutely love this plugin now. I can see it being used for sliders and such on home pages.
Let me know where to donate beer money.
Thanks for your quick response.
1. The shortcode with attributes for limiting the nos. in the testimonials page – is this already available and ready to use.
2. Yes. I am looking for pagination as shown in the demo above.
3. Reg Sl.No., the plugin already possess the facility to re-order itself when the display order is changed. But the end result is you only get to view author, url and testimonial. The sl. no. is not displayed.
To give you a brief of my requirement, many a times testimonials are not posted through testimony page but sent over email. In such cases these testimonials will have to be manually inserted by the administrator. These testimonials may pertain to various dates. Therefore, if there is a post date provision in the testimonials the administrator simply has to post the testimonials and the date on which it was received. Ordering should be taken care of by the plugin automatically. This will give the administrator the freedom to feed testimonials pertaining to different dates at random.
Thanks again for your attention.
Excellent. But I am yet to check the updated plugin. I will definitely post my comments. Thanks again.
My initial comments:
1. Is the format of the date bound to MM/DD/YYYY? Can this be changed to DD/MM/YYYY?
2. Can a disable option be provided for display of date?
3. There is a linebreak after date and author. Can this be aligned to a single line? (this would be useful if the display of date cannot be disabled as I can save a line space).
- The topic ‘Next/Previous Links’ is closed to new replies.