I am having a very difficult time uploading galleries of photos onto my WordPress website alexlarkin.org.
I want to ensure that I am correct to be searching for help at wordpress.ORG. I have my account hosted through 2MHost.com. That means it’s a WordPress.ORG site, am I correct?
(As of this writing I am having trouble updating my hideous pink monster Gravatar-assigned avatar. Please forgive me for making you look at that!)
These are the steps I Would take:
1. From the dashboard, I hover the mouse over “Gallery” on the lower left, and select, “Add Gallery / Images”
2. I click on “Upload a zip file”
3. I click on “Browse” and select my zipped folder called “Small Landmarks.” It is a 165 MB file.
4. I leave the dropdown menu set as “a new gallery.”
Now, there is a note on this page that reads, “Note : The upload limit on your server is 120MByte.”
5. I click on “Start Upload.”
6. After fully uploading, I am taken to the page http://alexlarkin.org/wp-admin/admin.php?page=nggallery-add-gallery#zipupload which has my website’s layout and displays the message “This is somewhat embarrassing, isn’t it? It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching, or one of the links below, can help.”
I have tried this multiple times on Firefox and Chrome, and it always yields the same result. When I try a really small zipped file with just three photos, it works fine.
Is this because my zipped file is too big? It seems like they could give me a message to that effect instead of just telling me it couldn’t find a page.
Whatmore, would that 120 MB limit be a daily upload limit or a per-file limit?
I think I answered my own question via the process of writing this post, but I just want to confirm things… I’ll try splitting the file into two pieces.
I have NextGEN 1.9.9 and WordPress 3.5. Please let me know if there is anymore information you need.
Thanks for your help!
- The topic ‘[NextGEN] Upload Error for Zip Folder’ is closed to new replies.