Think it's sorted now thanks.
When clicking on the exclude/show tab - there was a huge delay in showing the images to show and exclude (so I thought there were no options here).
I suppose I could use this to select certain images (by excluding all and then unchecking which one I want to show) - it's a bit slow and clunking, but works.
- when I do use this method - to show more than 1 image - I thought it would display the image IDs in a list.
- but it actually display 1 id of a gallery and then this gallery populates the images which have been individually specified (not excluded).
- so I guess there must be a script running somewhere which stores these values (and knows which images to display in the newly inserted gallery).
Which is just different to what I expected.
I was under the impression that I could just insert an id number like id=1 or id=14 etc and just display the id of image as a shortcode.
(as that's what happens in other gallery plugins).
Adding media - inserts a full name - which I suppose could do (src="myfolder/my-subfolder/myImg.gif" etc).
is just an example, you'll need to make sure the ids=x number is correct, the same id associated with the pic you're wanting to display
- The image Id is the correct id of the image inside a gallery (but I'm not sure how it would know which gallery the image is in?
- unless its using another id (previously, my uploads to media library were something like attachment 1033, 1034 etc).
- I've tried a variety of numbers, but none work.
- I can't believe there isn't a full working example on the ngg gallery site/documentation anywhere - showing how to use a simple shortcode!
What about [singlepic id=1 float=right]?
-no this didn't work either - just prints on screen.