The latest NextGEN Gallery public beta is now available.
This beta has a lot of fixes that will help resolve many common conflicts and even add some performance improvements. The change list is a big one (see below) but for the most up-to-date information about the beta and to download a copy to test with please visit this page: http://www.nextgen-gallery.com/nextgen-gallery-latest-beta/
NextGEN Gallery 2.0.55 Beta Changelog:
* NEW: Re-introduced the Reset button
* NEW: Tooltip added for Page Link to functionality
* NEW: Displayed Gallery Triggers moved from NextGEN Pro to NextGEN Gallery (not in use)
* NEW: Added NGG_Store, a client-side persistence layer (not in use)
* NEW: Added NGG_CRON_SCHEDULE constant. Set to the number of seconds between the execution of NextGEN Gallery cron jobs
* NEW: Added NGG_RENDERING_CACHE_TTL constant. TTL measured in seconds.
* NEW: Added NGG_DISPLAYED_GALLERY_CACHE_TTL constant. TTL measured in seconds.
* NEW: Added NGG_DISABLE_LEGACY_SHORTCODES constant. When TRUE, [ slideshow ] becomes [ nggslideshow ].
* NEW: Added Font Awesome, available for NextGEN Gallery extensions
* Changed: Transients are removed every 30 minutes instead of 60 minutes
* Changed: Admin Page & Form components refactored to allow custom POST processing
* Changed: Default path for NEW multisite installations to wp-content/uploads/sites/%BLOG_ID%/nggallery/
* Fixed: Ability to upload ZIP files on Windows hosts
* Fixed: Support for filenames with non-ASCII characters
* Fixed: Dynamic updates in the Attach to Post interface (interframe communication)
* Fixed: Attach to Post interface freezing in IE11
* Fixed: Path issues on Windows Servers
* Fixed: Module installer integrity
* Fixed: Database query performance. No more joins to the WP options table
* Fixed: Lightboxes storing absolute paths for static resources
* Fixed: Displayed gallery cache not regularly flushed
* Fixed: SQL query performance problems. Honor max_packet_allowed variable for MySQL
* Fixed: Corrupted MediaRSS feeds
* Fixed: Padding on Gallery Settings and Other Options pages
* Fixed: Routing issues on subdirectory installs
* Fixed: Importing galleries using the Attach to Post Interface
* Fixed: Gallery path calculations on Windows web servers
* Fixed: Apply maximum entity count to existing displayed galleries
* Fixed: NextGEN Gallery Thumbnail Widget shouldn’t use ImageBrowser effect
* Fixed: Ability to set shuffle parameter for ImageRotator slideshows
* Fixed: PHP warning about HTMLDocument when displaying a SinglePic
* Fixed: Sanitization of gallery title
* Fixed: Home URL now used instead of Site URL in MediaRSS feed
* Fixed: Attach to Post interface broken when WPML is installed
* Fixed: Attach to Post interface instructing browser to cache the page
* Fixed: Watermarking not working in low-memory environments
* Fixed: Maximum images limit not being applied for galleries already created.
* Fixed: Compatibility with Headway Themes
* Fixed: Compatibility with web servers which don’t provide PHP a document root
* Fixed: Third-party incompatibilities caused by the Photocrati Resource Manager
* Fixed: Compatibility with the Flattr plugin
* Fixed: Compatibility with the Weaver II theme
* Fixed: Interface tweaks for WordPress 3.8
Seems to be an issue with uploading through the Nextgen Interface – didn’t want to use Nextgen as I’ve read it can mess up WordPress on the user website – then when trying it I seemed to have double of the nextgen templates for some reason but after using the Beta and using the reset option it cleared those double templates – just the upload issue and hoping it can column up this time.
- The topic ‘NextGEN Gallery Beta 2.0.55 Is Available’ is closed to new replies.