NextGen Gallery and Simpleviewer Pro – Change Caption Font and Download Link
Hello WordPress Community,
I’m applying for help, I’m running
NextGEN FlashViewer 1.3
NextGEN Gallery 1.2.0
The gallery works well but I’m trying to omit the download link as I have the Pro version and I’m also trying to change the font in the .swf.
I have followed http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simpleviewer/pro/documentation.html#repub the instructions on how to customise the files: the instructions are below:
2.2 Customizing ActionScript Options
SimpleViewer-Pro ActionScript Options are a set of ActionScript variables that you can edit to customize SimpleViewer behaviour. View the list of ActionScript Options here.
To customize ActionScript Options:
1. Open \source\com\airtightinteractive\apps\viewers\SimpleViewer\Options.as using a text editor (e.g. Notepad)
2. Modify the values as required.
3. Republish your SWF (See 2.5 Republishing SimpleViewer)
4. How do I change the caption font?
* Open \source\simpleviewer.fla using Macromedia Flash.
* Do Window->Library to show the Library.
* Open the ‘Text’ folder. Edit the ‘Caption’ and ‘Tile’ symbols.
* Select the text field on the stage. Select a font from the Properties-> Font drop-down menu. To use an embedded font, slect ‘Anti-Alias for Animation’ from the ‘Use device fonts’ drop-down. Then select the required character range in the ‘Character Embedding’ menu. For basic english language, select the ‘Basic Latin’ character set.
* Note that if you require bold and/or italic fonts, you must also embed these versions of the fonts.
2.5 Republishing SimpleViewer
Republishing SimpleViewer creates a new version of the viewer.swf file from the source files.
Note: SimpleViewer uses the ‘uni05_54’ font for the preloader text. This font is included in the ‘source’ folder.
To republish SimpleViewer:
1. Open \source\SimpleViewer.fla using Macromedia Flash 8 (or later).
2. Do File->Publish to publish your updated swf. The new swf will be created as: \web\viewer.swf
3. Replace the viewer.swf in your gallery folder with the new one, or run \web\index.html to test your new swf.
Now when I have completed the customisation and publish the viewer.swf file it works as a stand alone. The caption font has changed and the download link has gone. But when I overwrite the viewer.swf in the ‘nggflash-swf/’ and the ‘nextgen-flashviewer/flash’ folder and clear my cache deactivate and reactivate the plugins and then recreate the galleries. It doesn’t seem to change. Why is this? Is there a way to remove the download link and change the captions if you have purchased the Pro version?
Can someone please help.
- The topic ‘NextGen Gallery and Simpleviewer Pro – Change Caption Font and Download Link’ is closed to new replies.