Hello WordPress Community,
I'm applying for help, I'm running
NextGEN FlashViewer 1.3
NextGEN Gallery 1.2.0
The gallery works well but I'm trying to omit the download link as I have the Pro version and I'm also trying to change the font in the .swf.
I have followed http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simpleviewer/pro/documentation.html#repub the instructions on how to customise the files: the instructions are below:
2.2 Customizing ActionScript Options
SimpleViewer-Pro ActionScript Options are a set of ActionScript variables that you can edit to customize SimpleViewer behaviour. View the list of ActionScript Options here.
To customize ActionScript Options:
1. Open \source\com\airtightinteractive\apps\viewers\SimpleViewer\Options.as using a text editor (e.g. Notepad)
2. Modify the values as required.
3. Republish your SWF (See 2.5 Republishing SimpleViewer)
4. How do I change the caption font?
* Open \source\simpleviewer.fla using Macromedia Flash.
* Do Window->Library to show the Library.
* Open the 'Text' folder. Edit the 'Caption' and 'Tile' symbols.
* Select the text field on the stage. Select a font from the Properties-> Font drop-down menu. To use an embedded font, slect 'Anti-Alias for Animation' from the 'Use device fonts' drop-down. Then select the required character range in the 'Character Embedding' menu. For basic english language, select the 'Basic Latin' character set.
* Note that if you require bold and/or italic fonts, you must also embed these versions of the fonts.
2.5 Republishing SimpleViewer
Republishing SimpleViewer creates a new version of the viewer.swf file from the source files.
Note: SimpleViewer uses the 'uni05_54' font for the preloader text. This font is included in the 'source' folder.
To republish SimpleViewer:
1. Open \source\SimpleViewer.fla using Macromedia Flash 8 (or later).
2. Do File->Publish to publish your updated swf. The new swf will be created as: \web\viewer.swf
3. Replace the viewer.swf in your gallery folder with the new one, or run \web\index.html to test your new swf.
Now when I have completed the customisation and publish the viewer.swf file it works as a stand alone. The caption font has changed and the download link has gone. But when I overwrite the viewer.swf in the 'nggflash-swf/' and the 'nextgen-flashviewer/flash' folder and clear my cache deactivate and reactivate the plugins and then recreate the galleries. It doesn't seem to change. Why is this? Is there a way to remove the download link and change the captions if you have purchased the Pro version?
Can someone please help.