Take a look: http://thepopfix.com
It’s an online magazine about LA culture and is going through its 4th redesign. The only problem is the theme that I chose to modify is not only difficult, but lacks documentation/support. So, here’s my first problem:
1. I would like for the content to be in a white container, surrounded by a black background. All the content is transparent and if I turn it all white, it does not reach all the way to the bottom. The theme has no containers, and I’ve tried adding them to no avail.
2. Because I switched the placement of the sidebars, it’s messing up where the footer bar is. How do I put that along the bottom instead of just at the bottom of the right sidebar?
3. I can’t link the category pages to the nav bar at the top. I can’t figure out how to correctly space out the page content either.
4. None of the categories I designated in the “Popular Articles” section show up.
5. I cannot offset the first post to avoid the featured post and top blog+ post from being the same.
I hate this theme, I’ve gone as far as I can with it and I probably would scrap it all and start with a theme that has better support/structure, but I’m too close to the re-launch to change anything. Please help! 🙂
The topic ‘NewsWeek: Issues! w/ background color, footer placement & more!’ is closed to new replies.