Newbie Inquiry – create new website using wordpress, subdomain on bluehost … e
I currently have a website which was created by using Golive and I’ve been using Golive to update my website as well. Now that I am planning to create a new website with the same content on the current site by using WordPress and avoid interrupting it during the process. Eventually, I plan to have this newly created website from WordPress to replace the current one. After doing some googling & reading, this is what I understand so far the general concept on how to go about doing it.
1. Install WordPress program within my bluehost control panel.
2. Create a subdomain to use during the time to create and test the new website.
3. Create a new folder in public directory to store all new materials on new website.
4. Once the new site finished, migrate the new site to main domain and replace the existing old website
My question is: Is this the best way to approach to what I plan to do? Any advice on what I should be careful for not to get messed up and consequently can interrupt users on the current website?
Your advices are truly appreciated. Thank you all for your time!
- The topic ‘Newbie Inquiry – create new website using wordpress, subdomain on bluehost … e’ is closed to new replies.