I am developing a website for my mum’s B&B (http://bit.ly/11CusUu). After seeing all the positive reviews, I decided to try WP Super Cache and so far the plugin looks great. However, I have made one newb mistake that I’ll explain, and have a couple questions regarding integration with CloudFlare. Any feedback or experiences would be very much appreciated.
1. Installation – In my eagerness to install WPSC I neglected to read the installation manual. I installed the plugin and configured it but did not remove the original WP cache. Everything appears (I think) to be working, but I would like to know whether I need to go back and remove these cache files and then reinstall WPSC correctly.
2. When trying to figure out if my lazy install had hindered WPSC, I examined each page’s source code. I use CloudFlare with the site. With CloudFlare off, the html shows “cached page generated by WP-Super-Cache…”. However, with CloudFlare on, this message is removed from the html. Is this anything to be alarmed about or just a result of one of CloudFlare’s features?
3. Also when trying to determine the damage of my lazy install, I used WPSC’s cache tester. With CloudFlare off, the results are “the timestamps on both pages match”. With CloudFlare on, it’s “the pages do not match!, timestamps differ or were not found!” Is this anything to worry about or just a normal product of CloudFlare working?
4. Lastly, does anyone have a link to a guide on setting up WPSC with CloudFlare? Ideally mentioning settings for each and what should be set in WPSC’s CDN section.
Thank you very much for any help!
- The topic ‘Newb WP Super Cache installation and CloudFlare questions’ is closed to new replies.