Support » Theme: Lupercalia » New version broke my homepage

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Theme Author José Leonardo

    (@joseleonardo)

    Can you check if the style.css file is inside your root folder?

    Check via FTP, please.

    My style.css is there:

    ftp://…/myblog/wp-content/themes/lupercalia/style.css

    The one in the ftp isn’t empty, but wordpress don’t recognize it.

    Theme Author José Leonardo

    (@joseleonardo)

    Have you checked (via FTP) if you file hosted there is empty or not?

    Perhaps when you tried to upload the files you didn’t have enough access to the folders and you might need grant access to them.

    It would be better if I could check your website to give you a more appropriate answer…

    The file in the FTP isn’t empty. But that would be weird, right? Since I didn’t have the same problem with the old version (nor any of the themes that I’ve used).

    My website is: http://futari.perrylandia.in

    Theme Author José Leonardo

    (@joseleonardo)

    Ok, I’ve checked you code and here is what I have noticed so far:

    1) Not sure for what reason, but your style.css file (which contain your style code) is not being declared on your header file (not even the empty one), that’s why your site is not working as it should.

    2) Also, you have a file called “futari.perrylandia.in” in your root folder, but actually it is a copy of your index, maybe you are using some cache plugin and it is still using this file as base instead the new one. You should try to clean this cache.

    3) In addtion, your should try to disable your plugins to see if any of them are causing conflict…

    OK, I have found it!!

    This plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/widgets-extended/ was causing the disaster. Truly a shame.

    Well, must search for another plugin.
    Thank you so much.

    Another thing… My site’s name isn’t showing up on my title. In posts it just shows the post name, but not the site name.

    This: http://puu.sh/9ZV8v/dab37b06fe.jpg

    This time I’ve already disabled all plug-ins. Any ideas, please?

    Theme Author José Leonardo

    (@joseleonardo)

    catonwall,

    I’ve forgotten to add a function in the function.php on this version, I will add on the next version.

    Please, add these line code inside your function.php file

    /* ————————————————————————- */
    /* wp_title() Filter
    /* ————————————————————————- */

    function lupercalia_wp_title( $title ) {

    global $paged, $page;

    if ( is_feed() ) :
    return $title;
    endif;

    if ( is_front_page() ) :
    $title = bloginfo(‘name’); echo ‘ – ‘; bloginfo(‘description’);
    endif;

    if ( !is_front_page() ) :
    $title.= ”.’ – ‘.”.get_bloginfo(‘name’);
    endif;

    // Add a page number if necessary.
    if ( $paged >= 2 || $page >= 2 ) :
    $title = “$title | ” . sprintf( __( ‘Page %s’, ‘lupercalia’ ), max( $paged, $page ) );
    endif;

    return $title;
    }
    add_filter( ‘wp_title’, ‘lupercalia_wp_title’, 10, 2 );

    Nice. Thank you so much!

    Btw, I was thinking about translating some things to Spanish (like Search, 404 error page, categories, etc). If you’re planning to add more languages to the theme maybe I can help.

    Regards!

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘New version broke my homepage’ is closed to new replies.