Hello, my name is Max, and thank you for reading this post. I’ve never used wordpress so be gentle, this is my first time.
My issue is that my new site defaults to maxgilpin.info/wordpress1/ rather than maxgilpin.info and I’ve burned 8+ hours trying to fix this without success. My ISP is register.com and they are no help at all. here is what I have tried
– WP 3.5.1 was installed through the register.com control panel
– WP is installed in a folder called wordpress1
– WP was updated to 3.7.1 and all plug ins are current
– Changed site address url from http://maxgilpin.info/wordpress1 to http://maxgilpin.info and then move the index.php and .htaccess from the wp folder to the root folder but no luck.
Any Suggestions would be most appreciated
- The topic ‘New User Issues with Site address URL’ is closed to new replies.