New Romance /Book Store Theme
Hi guys & gals – thought I’d throw myself into the circle and see what the general consensus is….
What you should know before you start clicking madly.
1)I’ve only just finished the design as of today, so lots and lots of dummy text – please excuse my laziness 🙂 I had to re-evaluate my category structure as well as my (overbloated) template numbers. I think I’ve culled it sufficently.
2) This theme/template stems originally from Blix and Bluerobot, which thanks to those guys I’ve hack to pieces. If you notice any credits missing; relax 🙂 They will be inserted after tonight.
2a) Word of warning; I haven’t cleaned up my css files, so those checking ‘under the hood’ using FF – God, don’t. Its a little bit messy at this point in time.
3) This theme is a fluid 3 column design, with widgets enabled. It is also a bookstore, but ecommerce is disabled. The “Buy Now” button DOESN’T work – purposefully disabled, so please don’t click on it. You’ll only give yourself RSI.
4) Not all Post navigational links work – didn’t want to put thousands of dummy text posts in. The Main navigation does work. For some when clicking madly, you will pull an 404 error page so I apologise in advance.
5) I’ve tried many Post Related & Tag/Keyword plugins to no avail (yes, I truly am mad!). So in the end I made my own query function to pull posts or book titles that related STRICTLY to that individual category, regardless of its parent category or sub-category child.
I particularly needed this for my bookstore to display similar book titles that relate to the specific sub-genre. Random pulling didn’t cut it.
You’ll find book titles displayed in Romance; Time Travel; Regency/Historical and Suspense, as well as author pages. No other titles have been uploaded as yet. And those wondering where the data came from. Yes. I do own my own bookstore…
Work In Progress: Just need some clever php expert to tell me what function I need to limit the number of posts to show from my query function. That would be cool 😉
6) the Editorial Link in the main book title content section goes no where, but the excerpt does. Knock yourself out.
7) Feedback: design useability and general look and feel and any other snippet of helpful advice will be welcomed.
PS: Please don’t tell me that half my links don’t work – this I already know. Please see point #2. Generally speaking the first few links on the Topics page will take you somewhere.
I think I’ve got all warnings, except for the one on the home page. If you spot some, just let me know. I think I can trace them back to empty (awaiting) navigational elements I’ve yet to insert.
Have a play and I’m sorry if I should have made all links work, but I’d like some feedback before I take this any further.
All comments are welcomed.
- The topic ‘New Romance /Book Store Theme’ is closed to new replies.