Support » Theme: Primer » New Primer update conflict with Beaver Builder?

  • Resolved jimithing007

    (@jimithing007)


    Hello,

    I updated to the most recent version of Primer today. I am using the Mins child theme. I don’t know if this is the cause of my issue, but it’s the only update I’ve performed recently that makes me think could be the issue.

    I’m using the Beaver Builder page builder. When I’m logged into WP-Admin and looking at any of my pages, I get the typical toolbar at the top with Customize, Edit Page, Page Builder, etc. Right now for some reason, when I click Page Builder to go into edit mode, the toolbar from the top vanishes completely. I can only edit existing items, I can’t add anything new because the toolbar is gone.

    It’s happening on my staging site and my live site, unfortunately. Everything looked good on the staging site, so I went ahead and updated. Any help is appreciated.

    The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Also, I’m getting this strange error any time I click on an object to edit once in Page Builder mode:

    http://d35.9df.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/BB-error.png

    Hi @jimithing007

    That looks like a javascript conflict that could be coming from another plugin. You said that the staging site looked on, did the error occur there as well after the update?

    I can do some testing on my end to see if I can reproduce it. Have you tried deactivating other plugins to see if that’s possibly the cause?

    Evan

    Hi Evan,

    Thank you for your assistance.

    Yes, I am getting the same error on my live site and my staging site. I didn’t catch the error before I updated the live site.

    I tried deactivating some plug-ins, beginning with a few that I recalled were updated today. In doing that, I believe I’ve isolated where the issue is coming from. When I deactivate the Product Catalog plug-in, the toolbar comes back when i enter “Edit” mode. It disappears again when I reactivate the Product Catalog plug-in.

    It just so happens that both the Primer theme and the Product Catalog plug-in were updated today.

    I’ll send something to the Product Catalog developers so they can look into it on their end.

    Hi @jimithing007,

    Great, glad to hear you could at least isolate where the issue was coming from. While you are experiencing the issue if you pop open the developer console of your browser, you should be able to better pinpoint where the error is occurring.

    The following codex article outlines how one might diagnose a possible JavaScript error on the page: https://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Your_Browser_to_Diagnose_JavaScript_Errors#Step_3:_Diagnosis

    That might help the folks over at Product Catalog.

    If we can help out in any way, feel free to drop us a line and let us know.

    Evan

    Thanks for the tip Evan. I sent the Product Catalog folks what I was seeing.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.