[Resolved] New posts writing to database but not displaying
- New Posts write to the database, but are not displaying in Post lists in the admin or blog display.
- However, direct permalinks to the new Posts do work.
- In the DB entries, there appears to be no difference in the data between new and old Posts.
- If an old Post is edited and saved it continues to display.
- Pages display with no problem.
- The problem developed spontaneously sometime in the last 6 months. I have upgraded WP and plugins during this timeframe, and my host (Dreamhost) switched me to a new shared server. I’m unaware of any PHP upgrades. I asked Dreamhost support if this might be a server issue and they were stumped. I did not add any new plugins.
- Date of Posts doesn’t seem to matter, even if I backdate them to the time before the error developed.
I have tried the following to no avail:
- Importing into a fresh mySQL database
- Repairing DB tables and overhead
- Reinstalling WP
The nuclear option I have not tried is starting a completely new hosting account, in case there’s something intrinsically busted with the current account config.
Direct permalink to a new post: http://www.sbfi.org/2011/09/01/test-backdated-post/
- The topic ‘[Resolved] New posts writing to database but not displaying’ is closed to new replies.