I recently released a plugin that helps users to build dictionary, glossary and reference type data on their websites.
It's called the WordPress Dictionary Plugin and is available at annedorko.com/wp-dictionary
It comes complete with:
- Custom Post Type which means it will work with any theme that uses WordPress conventions
- Related Entries for connecting different Entries to each other
- Shortcodes & widgets for displaying the Entries all throughout your site
- Lots of in-line documentation in the "Help" tabs of your WordPress admin so that you don't have to leave the page to look up how to use something
- Sections and Types for organizing your Dictionary
- Customizable displays so you can even use it with other languages
- Automatic upgrades even though it is a 3rd party hosted plugin
There's a demo available if you want to look at how the dictionary works using a run-of-the-mill WordPress theme.
Thanks for checking it out!