[New Plugin: Social Graph Protocol] Need Some Testers & Initial Feedback
Just developed the Social Graph Protocol plugin and was looking for a few kind people who have a couple minutes to spare to maybe download it and test it out on there installations for me, letting me know if you see anything initially wrong with it and maybe provide your thoughts on what you think (Good and bad thoughts are welcome).
You can get it from http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/social-graph-protocol/
Hi: Just installed this wonderful plugin (Windows IIS Server at Godaddy, latest WP release). Went to “General Settings” screen, made changes and clicked on “save”. Surprisingly, I got logged out of WordPress!
Any clue what is happening?
Thanks in advance.
I’m not really sure what would cause this issue, but I’ll run some tests and see if I can re-construct the issue your having and see if I can fix it.
Thanks for letting me know.
Works with WP 3.3 on Apache 2.2.17 server, MySQL 5.0.91, and PHP 5.2.17
Using Twenty Eleven and NonNom child theme on site – will test with Mystique 3.3 soon(ish)
So far so good – will advise if any problems develop
(Other suggestions in comment on the plugin homepage)
First, I want to say great plug-in.
Two things I like about your plug-in are:
1. The ability to set custom object types on posts and pages so that you are not just limited to the standard Article/Post object-type.
2. I also like the ability to manually set an image for posts types that do not have a Featured Image. This comes in particularly handy when your post contains a video but no Photos, for example: http://sportsandleisureband.com/videos/ OR http://sportsandleisureband.com/videos/sports-leisure-sunburn-live-on-lundi-gras-at-circle-bar-new-orleans-la/
What I would like to see in your plug-in:
1. The ability to associate your Open Graph data with a Facebook Application and/or Page:
<meta property=’fb:app_id’ content=’FBAPPID’ />
<meta property=’fb:page_id’ content=’FBPAGEID’ />
This is important if a user is going to eventually add an Activity Stream or similar OG Plug-In to the site.
2. The Post Description should auto-pull FIRST from the post excerpt OR All-In-On SEO OR WordPress SEO by Yoast (this could be an Option in the main plug-in settings), second from Post Content, third Manually Filled In.
3. The Post Title should have an option to auto-pull from the Post Title or one of the previously mentioned SEO plug-ins.
Those are my suggestions for now!
Thanks for the great suggestions Sky, I think I’ll implement some of them during my next feature release.
I also think that I’m going to add an option to include a author meta tag and provide details about linking to your Google+ profile so that if you run a quality blog after a little bit of time your picture will show up beside the Google search result.
Google’s had that feature for quite some time and I think its great but underutilized and it fall’s in nicely with the worldwide social graph, not just the Facebook social graph.
But thanks again for the suggestions I’ll have to think about that the next time I’m adding some more features.
- The topic ‘[New Plugin: Social Graph Protocol] Need Some Testers & Initial Feedback’ is closed to new replies.