Support » Plugin: Content Cards » New LinkedIn URLs not displaying as content cards

  • KBaucherel

    (@kbaucherel)


    I have successfully added content cared from many different sources to my site http://www.galiadigital.co.uk. However, the last couple of LinkedIn posts I have tried to add have simply displayed as a link with the text as just http://www.linkedin.com and the link itself going to the correct URL. Old cards are not affected.

    I have tried making a new card with an older URL from May and the card works. Anything prior works. Anything from July onwards does not, which makes me think this is LinkedIn change.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Plugin Author Stanislav Khromov

    (@khromov)

    Hey KBaucherel,

    Thank you for the bug report.

    We have tried but not been able to replicate the issue. Are you still having this problem? In that case, could you please provide a URL that is not working for you? Thanks!

    KBaucherel

    (@kbaucherel)

    Sorry for the late reply! The email fell into a junk folder and I have only just found it.
    I have recreated the issue straight away. If you go to http://galiadigital.co.uk/writing/ there are a number of content cards visible. Above the apparent ‘first’ card there is a hyperlink that simply sayd ‘www.linkedin.com’. this is what appears when I post the content card from linkedin.
    The HTML across that section of the page looks like this:

    [contentcards url=”https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/sxsw-sage-summit-applying-technology-innovation-kate-baucherel”]

     

    [contentcards url=”http://www.promotiontoolbox.com/blog/posts/intelligent-promotions-are-future-fmcg”]

     

    [contentcards url=”http://digitalethics.org/essays/code-campaign-ethics/”]

    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by KBaucherel.
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.