New to all this stuff.
- Have loaded WP-MU on a RHEL 5 box.
- Have the MySQL database server ( v 5.1.31sp1 enterprise ) working on a separate RHEL 5 box.
- Connectivity between the 2 boxes is OK. Am able to login with the MySQL Administrator tool from the WP-MU box.
- Have created a database on the MySQL server and have given it full access to the MySQL user that I've been using for the WP-MU setup
- Have found that I needed php-mysql so have loaded that
- Have launched the index.php file from my web browser and entered my parameters. After clicking the submit button I get the Error establishing a database connection message.
- Have checked the parameters in the wp-config.php file for any typos .... there doesn't seem to be any. Tried replacing the DB_HOST directive with the IP address of the server .... didn't help. (Yes restarted httpd each time.)
Any pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated. Thanks for the forum's time.