I'm stuck with Windows 2000 server, IIS 5.0, because it's behind a firewall and I don't have the ability to upgrade it myself. I have mysql 5 and PHP 5.2.14. I'm just a guy, not a developer or programmer.
This is about a new installation of WordPress I've been stuck on for 2 days. Everything went ok with the installation. But after the install I can't login. Can't get to the admin page. I can see the default home page, but can't login or change anything. The login page accepts my username and password without error, but then just redirects me back to the login page like this: http://mysite.mydomain.com/WordPress/wp-login.php?redirect_to=http%3A%2F%2Fmysite.mydomain.com.%2FWordPress%2Fwp-admin%2Findex.php&reauth=1.
I've searched and searched this site and others but nothing seems to work for me.
What have I tried?
1. Deleted Cookies
2. Different browser
3. Changed URL via mysql and various suggested php commands found here
4. Checked and rechecked permissions on directories and in iis as best as I know how.
5. Deleted all the tables in the database and reinstalled.
6. Downloaded WordPress again, re-edited config file, deleted all tables and reinstalled.
7. Regenerated all the password keys and salts. Tried without the salts. Tried my own keys and salts. Tried pepper (that's a joke).
8. Opened a variety of php files and removed trailing spaces and linefeeds. Added some ?> tags until I realized that none of the files seem to have them.
9. Got some "cannot modify headers" warnings a couple of times during install. Tried to fix them in the php files. Couldn't count the line numbers that high.
10. Took out my plugins (which seemed silly since I never installed any.)
Any help from anybody could not possibly be worse than the sense of loneliness and frustration I currently have. This is not a 5 minute install for me.