This and most of my site projects are in twenty ten all static to date. Today I tried to set up a post/blog page within one of the static sites but it redirects to home from “preview changes” or provides a ‘not found’ from the direct url. If I disengage the post-selection (from menu/appearance/customize or settings/reading), the page is fine – its when in post format it misdirects.
Trying to solve it by viewing others with similar issues –
– I’ve reset and returned permalink settings,
– I’ve tried setting post from both customize and settings areas
– I’ve checked to see if the custom menu was an issue – note below
– I’ve looked in htaccess and config.php
– I disabled all plugins
(have sites on different hosts – same problem on 2 that I checked)
This leads me to believe I have edited something incorrectly within my child themes or I have made a fundamental set-up error that I am repeating along the way.
Is there an area that I am best to focus on for resolving this?
(Custom Menu: Not to confuse matters, but when I look in the custom menu selection list (but not active), there are 2 home page options – I wonder if one from the initial template setup – that was meant for the sample posts…).
Any guidance / help able to provide is greatly appreciated. jimii
- The topic ‘(new-first) Post Page on Static Site Redirects to Home or Not Found’ is closed to new replies.