I’ve been working on a new archive structure (similar to these) and would like some feedback and testing help.
Things to note:
1) This requires the use of the new permalinks structure and mod_rewrite, if there is a way to do it without these two, don’t ask me. 😉
2) Single day and single post archives still use index.php.
3) All other archives (including category archives) use a file I’ve created.
4 The mod_rewrite rules have been modified to allow for 2 and 3 above.
5) If a date or category isn’t passed to the archives, a list of categories and archives are displayed.
6) You can click on months and years in the archives to drill down to another archive.
7) Clicking on a day number, post title, or comment link will send you to index.php and display the appropriate post(s).
That’s all I can think of for right now. I need to setup a test blog with the default WP install to test this out and make some modifications to the CSS. Once everything is working well, I’ll release the code.
All feedback is welcome!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.