I am new to WordPress, but have been creating websites for many years with Dreamweaver, I think that now is the time to add WP to my skills. However, I am finding doing simple things like creating a new website confusing.
I have installed WordPress and MAMP successfully, uploaded to remote hosting co and everything is fine.
I now need to create a site for a real client on my Localhost.
I need a new website that is different from the first one, it will probably use a different theme etc.
I have followed these instructions:
– Download and install WordPress again and place the second site in htdocs.
– Set up another database in MAMP, added new user and granted all permissions
– Attempt to install the new WP with new Database Name, User name and password
– WP gives me error message that the Database does not exist
So I manually input the DB name, Username and PW into a wp-config.php file. Still not luck.
Can someone tell me the correct procedure for creating additional websites that don’t interfere with each other.
- The topic ‘Need to create an additional website’ is closed to new replies.