Hi, I was looking at BPS about a year ago and ended up going with something else at the time. I'm probably going to be moving away from that soon for various reasons and was hoping to get a little help deciding what to transition into.
I'm going to go with either Better WP Security, BPS, or BPS Pro.
1) I was on the BPS website and I noticed it says the newest versions of BPS and BPS Pro will feature login security. Is that a feature similar to Limit Login attempts, so that we don't need a separate login security plugin anymore?
2) I saw BPS Pro has a firewall. I thought that the .htaccess rules kind of acted as a firewall too? Is that thinking wrong and is an additional firewall necessary?
3) I'm going to have Backup Buddy as well and I saw there is a resolved conflict in BPS Pro. Does the fix have to be applied manually, or is it automatic. If it must be applied manually, do you help clients with applying fixes? I read the fix description and it looks like hieroglyphics to me.
4) After trying to go through as much documentation as I could understand, it seems to me like BPS is more of an active prevention plugin and BWPS is mostly a security through obscurity plugin with some extras like file monitoring and login security included. Would you say this is true, or am I wrong?
5) WordPress seems to be getting more secure with each update. Is having a bunch of extra security stuff from plugins (aside from blocking brute force login attacks) really even necessary anymore?
Thanks in advance,