I am trying to create a complete duplicate of my current site on my web space. I have not been able to find a solid guide to walk me through this, and what I have done so far has not worked.
First off, let me explain my current situation. I am using an old version of WordPress because updating currently crashes my theme. I finally have time to work on a new theme and get the site updated, but I would like to leave the site up and running in the meantime.
I currently have my website at http://mydomain.com. This is in the public_html file of my server. I would like to have duplicate, completely standalone version of my current site at http://mydomain.com/sandbox/. So this is what I did:
1. Backed up all web files.
2. Created a new directory on the server at public_html/sandbox/
3. Backed up database with phpMyAdmin
4. Created a new DB: DB_sandbox
5. Gave DB user permission to access DB_sandbox
6. Uploaded backup of database to new DP
7. Edited config.php in backup to have DB_sandbox at database name
8. Uploaded entire web files backup to public_html/sandbox
When I go to mydomain.com/sanbox/ I get a 404 error.
What did I do wrong? Why wont this work? Did I miss something?
Thanks in advance!
- The topic ‘Need a guide for duplicate install’ is closed to new replies.