Hi… I have 5 problems:
1) I have to do a menu on the header, so I’m outside the loop, and I have to get the IF of a category/page having it’s name.
The code I’m using is this:
<?php wp_list_pages('child_of=50&sort_column=menu_order, post_title&title_li='); ?>
I’d like to use something like get_page_id(‘MY_PAGE_NAME’); instead of using it’s id directly.
2) Does exist a plugin to reorder the pages number better than the classic reorder_page plugin you found with google? It doesn’t support the “recursive” reordering of a page if you have another with the same order, and also it works bad if you use sub-pages that share the same order.
3) I absolutely need to make a post CATEGORY my frontal page, in the options->reading section of wordpress only pages can be used as “initial page”.
Someone knows a way to make an entire category my frontal page? (my objective is to show the NEWS category as a person enter the blog and “hide” the blog part unless he enters it).
4) Does exist a way to make a wordpress page a link to another? I’d like to “hide” someway my parent pages, or at least make them link to the first “child” page inside them.
5) In the permalink section, I succesfully managed to have a fancy permalink structure for pages.
However, the “optional” part don’t works.
If I use the word “blog” as “Category base” the navigation don’t works, like if permalinks don’t works.
But pages work perfectly, so that is not a .htaccess problem…
What can it be?