Support » Plugin: My Twitter Widget » [My Twitter Widget] Fatal error after update to 1.3.3

  • Resolved Simon_82



    after I updated My Twitter Widget to the latest version today, I encountered a fatal error, which locked down my site. I deleted the plugin via FTP and re-installed it. But when I try to activate it I receive the same fatal error message, and the plugin stays inactive:

    Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class My_Twitter_Widget in /mnt/web7/a3/06/52371206/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/my-twitter-widget/my-twitter.php on line 828

    Any ideas on what to do or how to modify the my-twitter.php file?

    Any help is much apprecated.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • yes, have the same fatal error!

    have you considered the new Twitter API?

    I just downloaded it. In ver. 1.3.3 the main file my-twitter.php inside contains four times itself. I merged them and they have very slight differences. But you can take the first one only and delete the rest. Than activate it and it will work smoothly. You can search the file for ?> and delete everything after the first occurrence.

    Thanks for your answer, that trick does it.

    So if anyone has had this problem after the update, do as fantomas_b said and delete all code after the first ?> in the my-twitter.php file. Then upload the file to the plugin-folder and it should work just fine.

    Problem solved.

    I am having this problem too, but I can’t even get into my site admin to fix it. When I try to, all I see is the fatal error message.

    Hi Miss Rachel,

    what you need to do is to download the my-twitter.php file with your FTP program, execute the changes as described above and copy the file back into the my-twitter folder. If that doesn’t work just delete the entire my-twitter widget folder in the plugin folder, also via FTP.

    OK. Thanks.

    Thanks for the help guys. Seems like a slip up from the author. Glad it’s an easy fix!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘[My Twitter Widget] Fatal error after update to 1.3.3’ is closed to new replies.