[Resolved] my site "Not found" from my Mac, others can see it
When I type the url for my new blog page http://www.lynnburdekin.com into Safari I get a “Not found” error message. The same happens when I enter the IP address (below).
If I use another computer running same OS and browser versions I have no problem loading the page.
I’ve reset Safari, cleared the cache and history, and rebooted several times without success.
Thinking it might be a Safari preferences problem I looked in the Library/Preferences folder for the com.apple.safari.plist file to delete it but the file doesn’t exist – Finder can’t find it either.
I tried Terminal, entering “host http://www.lynnburdekin.com” and got the following message:
http://www.lynnburdekin.com has address 188.8.131.52
Host http://www.lynnburdekin.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
– the ISP says it’s most likely a problem with my Mac
– the domain host (www.netregistry.net) says everything is working fine with the web site (confirmed, as I can access the page without any problems, from another Mac)
– I’ve reset Safari, cleared the cache and history, rebooted without success
– I still get “Not found” when I enter the url or IP address of the web page in Safari. I also tried Firefox, with the same “Not found” response – so the problem can’t be Safari.
– My Mac software is up to date
- The topic ‘[Resolved] my site "Not found" from my Mac, others can see it’ is closed to new replies.