My experience using Bloglet
This is an update on my use of Bloglet to announce postings on my blog to an email subscriber list. It’s just my experience. Since a lot of people think that Bloglet can’t be used with WordPress, I thought I’d write.
Please refer to http://wordpress.org/support/topic/6880, especially Bobby2222’s message with the fields indicated.
After several days of experimenting, now for three days, I’ve received an email message each day at my subscribed address announcing my blog postings. Yippee!!!!
I post to both blogs at about 1 am daily. The Bloglet announcements are always for the previous day, so a full 24 hours plus. I’m not complaining, just reporting.
For the email setting, I opted for “the first 500 characters of each post” on one blog and “send entire post” on the other. On the Bloglet announcement, I receive the first 500 characters for both blogs. Again, I’m not complaining, just reporting.
In the “weblog url” field, over the course of experimentation, I tried two forms of the url. As it happens, I ended up with one blog one way and the other blog the other way and have decided to leave as is because they are working. I’ve concluded that either format works just fine.
For the server field I use
http://mydomain.com/wp-rdf.php which gives me the most consistent results on both blogs.
So, I guess I’m good to go. Just wanted to stop by and say thanks.
- The topic ‘My experience using Bloglet’ is closed to new replies.