Here’s my little project for the New Year. I’m not entirely sure how to accomplish this.
1. Every day starting January 1st I’m uploading a new photo to my NextGen gallery. I want this photo in my header. I’ve already widgitized my WordPress header. (I’m using Woo Themes’ Canvas theme.)
2. I’m editing each photo before uploading to WordPress to a specific size. I want the full photo to display in my header at a reduced percentage. This seems to be a simple matter of increasing the pixel size in the widget. What I need help with is how to do this without any distortion. Dummy me can’t figure out the easy ratio/formula.
3. When someone clicks on the image header, I don’t want the slide show to open. Instead I want the gallery page to open. I’ve already set up this page. How do I accomplish this?
4. This is the tricky part. In a transparent banner across my header image, I want a narrow band with text that describes my 2013 photography project. The banner will be white but very transparent so it doesn’t interfere with the image.
5. I’d love a postage stamp border around my header image. Any recommendations on how to include a special border?
6. Last, I would like people to be able to easily share my photos elsewhere. There are several NextGen social media plugins. I’m not a fan of relying on lots of plugins and would prefer to custom-code this myself, but in this case I think a plugin would be much easier. Any recommendations?
Gosh, I’m sure requesting a lot of direction. I do have some ideas on how to accomplish these goals but would really welcome some friendly input.