I love NextGen. It's such an awesome plugin.
Here's my little project for the New Year. I'm not entirely sure how to accomplish this.
1. Every day starting January 1st I'm uploading a new photo to my NextGen gallery. I want this photo in my header. I've already widgitized my WordPress header. (I'm using Woo Themes' Canvas theme.)
2. I'm editing each photo before uploading to WordPress to a specific size. I want the full photo to display in my header at a reduced percentage. This seems to be a simple matter of increasing the pixel size in the widget. What I need help with is how to do this without any distortion. Dummy me can't figure out the easy ratio/formula.
3. When someone clicks on the image header, I don't want the slide show to open. Instead I want the gallery page to open. I've already set up this page. How do I accomplish this?
4. This is the tricky part. In a transparent banner across my header image, I want a narrow band with text that describes my 2013 photography project. The banner will be white but very transparent so it doesn't interfere with the image.
5. I'd love a postage stamp border around my header image. Any recommendations on how to include a special border?
6. Last, I would like people to be able to easily share my photos elsewhere. There are several NextGen social media plugins. I'm not a fan of relying on lots of plugins and would prefer to custom-code this myself, but in this case I think a plugin would be much easier. Any recommendations?
Gosh, I'm sure requesting a lot of direction. I do have some ideas on how to accomplish these goals but would really welcome some friendly input.
Thanks so much, folks!