Mutliple Problems with my New WPmultisite Portal
The website I’m trying to launch is a portal(allinhyderabad.com) that offers multiple services, like: Events, Jobs, Sightseeing, Hotels, Transport, Cinema. As I’m a startup in this business, I want to make use of WP-mutisite as I believe it’s the best option which can help lauch multiple websites and also gives the ability to customize all in a single dashboard(network). However I’ve found many problems in the process and so looking for some professionals help me overcome them!.
Here are those:
1) Is it fine to have multiple themes loaded on WP-multisite network because my website is a portal that offers multiple services(Jobs, Hotels, Events, Transport etc..) each different from other?
2) From an user point of view, even though a website has multiple services each different from other, I think the website doesn’t look user friendly as each site loads with different theme/pagelayout. So to overcome this, I think of putting the Home-navigation+Header part+Logo all SAME all in all other sites in the network, but keeping the rest of the theme/layout of each site as they come. Does this make sense?..if so what are some easy methods to do with the coding part to make the entire site look relevant all across the network sites?
3) In the above case, how do we make the Home-page theme reflect/publish all posts (including homepage theme + other sites themes posts) that are published under other sites in my network?
4) Pageload time: Does wp-multisite loads slow when each site has a separate theme(ex: homepage: Twenty Ten, /site1 : Twenty Eleven, /site2: Customizr) installed rather a child theme? If so, how to overcome this?
5) Registration or Signup Question: What is the best way to get users signup with my website, when my website is a portal with multiple websites/services?.. As you know a Job portal offers Employers & Jobseekers different registration process, Say, I’ve if I have a signup form on the Homepage and a User register, how does this work with when the same user want to look for a Job or post a job(as mentioned above *Jobs* is one among other services: Hotel, Transport, Cinema, the portal provides)?
I’ve been spending a lot of time to get answers to above questions but unsuccessful. So, finally decided to get help from this WPmultisite community experts!..Hope you people will definitely help and give guidance!..
If any question sounds unclear or you want more details, I’m glad to give more info/details.
Look forward to your replies..
- The topic ‘Mutliple Problems with my New WPmultisite Portal’ is closed to new replies.