I have spent months working on this site. It has been around for a couple of years but was running on WP2.7 due to the theme version.
I originally had this online live but due to the amount of work I knew i had to do to get the theme working with 3.0.1 I pulled it down on to a local Xampp server to complete. I made a few mistakes and realized that the old site was hacked in the process of re-design. But after many months i have managed to get it back up live and running very smoothly. There has been one instance of a hack in a plugin called Pagepeel but after some reverse engineering I managed to solve that problem.
The amazing accomplishment for me is that I am running somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 plugins on this thing and I am still managing to get 2-3 seconds or less load times. It wasn't easy though.
Anyway check it out and tell me what you think so far.