I am setting up a brand new, fairly complex site that will be running quite a few plugins and (ultimately) modifying wordpress a lot. My question is about the initial setup. I need to run several networks, some with user created sites and others with admin created sites, each network using different bundles of plugins. I would like for all this to run off of one wordpress install so I can share securing and cacheing. I must share users.
So, my options are to
do a single, complex multisite install with a Multisite plugin like Blog Templates,
- to use a plugin like WP Multi-Network or Networks for WordPress,
- or to use multiple multisite installs.
Here is the breakdown. The networks are bold.
– /my-subsite-1/ (not user created)
– /my-subsite-2/ (not user created)
– /my-subsite-3/ (not user created)
subsite1.example.com (not user created)
subsite2.example.com (not user created)
Does anyone have experience with something like this?
Thanks a ton!
- The topic ‘Multisite, MultiNetwork, or Multi-install?’ is closed to new replies.