I’m setting up a WP site with woocommerce offering display and pay in different currencies as well as languages. Woocommerce only allows one currency and other plugins can change the currency displayed but the payment is in the equivalent value of the default currency (through currency exchange)
I’m struggling with the best option to achieve this. I’m considering doing it under the multisite network option, so that each has its own currency.
Another option could be either a subdomain or subfolder with template and woocommerce installed as well as other plugins in each domain/folder
(‘e’ for euro)
and so on for:
mysite/bp (british pounds)
The multisite seems the right option to manage the network.
So the questions are:
– should I go with a multisite installation to achieve different currencies in display and payment?
– Should it be by subdomains or subdirectories?
– Can the contents of the multisites be shown on the mainsite.com? specifically, can the content of the woocommerce in the subdomains/subfolders (ie items in different currencies) be shown on the main domain, ie, mysite.com. can this be done? Any suggestions?
(this is key so that users come to the site and see the various items, ie: Item 1 = 5 euros; Item 2 = 4 pounds; and be able to fund that amount in the respective currency)
– Can this be achieved by puling the database so that the content shown is properly updated?
What is the best way to go…?
Suggestions are hugely appreciated.
Many thanks Joao
- The topic ‘Multisite? fo shared content? sudomain or subdirectory?’ is closed to new replies.