Using the latest Types version, I try to:
Add multiple images to a custom type called Product. The images, of course, are intended to be a gallery showcasing various angles of the product.
Using the Types plugin this basically works, but I encounter some difficulties to make the process really smooth:
- When I click “Add another fields“, Types will always add a new field at index(1), not at index(pictures.size-1). This is confusing if I already have 2 pictures, and the new input field appears in the middle.
- The order is messed up, once I store the 3rd image. The image that used to be on index(0) is now moving to index(1), whereas the new image (index(2) supposedly) has moved to index(0).
- Clicking “Add Another Field” multiple times and adding all the pictures at once (beware, multiple file uploads) results in invalid uploads.
This results in the need of publishing the products after uploading each single picture. 3 times in my case and a lot of time to wait.
- Finally in order to make sure I can at least adjust this later, I’d be thankful for a sorting function (jQuery UI got something like that) for “multiple fields”. Then I can at least be sure the right image appears. Now it’s very random.
Thanks a lot,
- The topic ‘Multiple Image fields (issue & feature request)’ is closed to new replies.