• Resolved doi7ing

    (@doi7ing)


    Good day.
    I tried to use your plugin with a multilingual site, with domains of the 3rd level.
    In the main language, everything works fine, and as soon as you switch to another language, the scripts load, but they do not intercept the gallery files and when you click on a picture, the file opens on a new page, as the VP system did before …
    Is there an idea where you can correct to fix this situation ?!
    Thanks for the help earlier =)
    Have a nice day =)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Thread Starter doi7ing

    (@doi7ing)

    the main language of the site is twisted on the 2nd level domain, and different language locale as 3rd level domains(but they are only virtual)… for multilanguage I use a polylang plugin…
    The main language is placed as:
    domain.ru
    The English language is posted as:
    eng.domain.ru
    The German language is posted as:
    de.domain.ru

    As I wrote above in the main language everything works, but there are no locales …
    The reason is probably in the link to the file and not docking the domain in the address bar and a link to the file …

    Plugin Author Arno Welzel

    (@awelzel)

    Please specificy “domains of the 3rd level”.

    Multisite installations are generally not a problem – see my site as an example:

    German:
    https://arnowelzel.de/wp/zurueck-aus-finnland

    Same site in English, which is the second site in this multisite setup:
    https://arnowelzel.de/wp/en/back-from-finland

    Thread Starter doi7ing

    (@doi7ing)

    The main language is placed as 2 level domain:
    http://domain.ru/новая_страница/
    link of the picture from the gallery goes to:
    http://domain.ru/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/images.jpg

    The English language is posted as 3 level domain:
    http://eng.domain.ru/new_page/
    so that the “signatures” of pictures are translated, you need to create a copy of it,
    in the control panel (media files-> library):
    but the link of the picture from the gallery goes to:
    http://domain.ru/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/images1.jpg
    Maybe this is the problem ?!

    The German language is posted as 3 level domain:
    Respectively:
    http://de.domain.ru/neue_Seite/
    and link to the picture from the gallery:
    http://domain.ru/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/images2.jpg

    • This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by doi7ing.
    Thread Starter doi7ing

    (@doi7ing)

    oh no … sorry links are true but in part … that is, in the gallery he shows them like:
    http://domain.ru/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/images1.jpg
    but on the frontend:
    http://eng.domain.ru/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/images1.jpg
    if necessary, I will correct the description above =)

    Thread Starter doi7ing

    (@doi7ing)

    Apparently this is not the problem of your plug-in, namely polylang …
    now changed the language of the site by default, from Russian to German(the one that uses polylang).
    and the same problem is now visible in Russian…
    and what do you use for multilang?
    just a lot of hacked with multilang, but because of one plug-in it is required a third-level domain (tawk.to)… otherwise the plug-in does not understand, and in the control panel you can set only the domain of the third level options with such (http://domain.ru/ru/)do not pass… =(

    I apologize for disturbing you! And thank you so much for being quick to react!
    Have a nice day! =)

    Plugin Author Arno Welzel

    (@awelzel)

    Thanks for the feedback.

    I use Multisite Language Switcher. The idea there is to use a multisite installation with one site for each language and then connect them using Multisite Language Switcher. So you still have fully functional WordPress sites and every plugin which supports multisite setups should work without any problems.

    Thread Starter doi7ing

    (@doi7ing)

    Good day and a good work week =)
    I already understood …
    As for Multisite Language, Switcher is also aware, but there is no way to create a multisite … at least in the preparatory part of this project … this is due to the fact that I’m not developing a project for myself, but I’m twisting it on my personal domain, and I’ve bought it only one domain name …
    In general problem was in the third level domain … such a plugin as “Elementor” also does not support normal work with third-level domains …
    I understand this “merit” is the implementation of the plugin interpreter “Polylang” … he does so much apparently somewhere in the script there are errors … although it is more likely that these are not errors, and not the orientation to this kind of thing, like a third-level domain, looks like this: the control buttons are not displayed and instead of them the squares, errors in connecting scripts, css files (and so on and so on) from the other domain that does not match the currently used ones (this is the protection of the browsers themselves) are added to the console.
    Thank you anyway for your sympathy and good luck and prosperity to your ideas and to you =)

    IMPORTANT:
    For those who will encounter such a problem:
    1) Polylanguage should be switched to multilanguage mode with the address of the form: youdomain.com*/com*/
    * – ru, de, fr, au and other.
    And then the plugins working not stable in different languages, most likely will start working normally …
    2) use the Multisite Language Switcher as suggested by Arno Welzel (@awelzel) but here you need to configure the network from the sites and each to manage individually.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘multilingual site, with domains of the 3rd level’ is closed to new replies.