I’d like to add a linklog to a WP 1.22 blog but haven’t figured out how to get all the features I want.
(btw, by linklog i mean a place to put articles of note, with the minimal elements 1) text to be linked, aka headline, and 2) the url.)
* Registered users of level 1 or higher can submit links
* Links are submitted using a simplified content form, like with rebelpixel’s wpâ€“recentâ€“links
* All users would be able to comment on entries, the same as with regular blog posts
* the linklog would have its own monthly archives and rss feed
Everything but the ability to comment is provided by wp-recent-links, so that’s really where I’m stuck.
I’m not too interested by asides hacks, b/c I’d like to keep the linklog separate and posting to use a simplified form/interface.
Have been planning to restrict level 1 users away from other admin functions, such as posting regular blog entries (moderated or not). Am hoping existing restriction plugins for 1.22 will allow this.
A collaborative linklog would be a really great community add-on, but I feel like without the ability to comment, interaction is too limited.
A click-counter or ratings plugin mod’ed to work with the linklog would help reveal what’s hot, interesting to other users but comments seem like the most basic way to do this.
I’m impressed by the various delicious plugins, but as far as I know the collaborative element isn’t there, unless you use a common category… is that correct? I was wondering for example if other delicious users could tag items with say ‘yourname’ and then the resulting ‘yourname’ feed would in essence be collaborative.
still as neat as delicious is, an on-site linklog would be a whole simpler, though admittedly without the social networking oomph.
- The topic ‘Multi-user Linklog w/ Comments?’ is closed to new replies.