Multi-site or category or something else?
I am new to WP and have searched the existing topics on the support forum, but didn’t find exactly what I wanted. Please excuse me if my terminologies are wrong.
Here are my requirements for a new web site that I am building:
– allow multiple blogs, each on a distinct topic
– allow many users to create accounts and blog on each topic.
– user accounts should be shared between all blogs
– Prefer if blogs can be moderated.
– prefer RSS feed to be topic specific
The information I have found so far suggests two ways of doing it. Using WPMU or category. The problem with category is that I would like to use sub-categories for each topic. For example, if I have blog fruit and blog vegetable, then I need categories for citrius fruit, green veggie, etc. On the other hand, if I use multiple sites then users may not be able to post on all blogs.
What is the right solution? Help is much appreciated.
- The topic ‘Multi-site or category or something else?’ is closed to new replies.