Moving WP install and DB
I am trying to move WordPress and DB to a new server with a new domain name. I’ve been trying this for weeks, so before proceeding this time I want to ask the community’s input. Here’s what I think I should do:
1. Back up existing database on http://www.serverOne.com.
2. Import this database, via PHPmyAdmin, to http://www.serverTwo.com
3. Copy WP files to my computer.
4. Upload WP files to serverTwo.com.
5. Edit wp-config to reflect new URL.
Am I missing something? Since I am importing the existing DB, will the DB name and password info in my wp-config need to be changed?
- The topic ‘Moving WP install and DB’ is closed to new replies.