I’ve recently adquired a new domain for a site built with WordPress 3.5.1 using Origin 0.4 theme. Steps I followed to move my site from the old domain to the new one:
1. Download all files of current site and make a .sql copy of the whole DB.
2. Open .sql file and rename all references to the old domain for the new one (saving a backup of the original file, of course).
3. Create a new DB importing the .sql modified.
4. Upload all web files to the new domain server, modifiying wp-config to point to the new DB.
Results: everything is working fine except Theme Settings. I’ve lost info such as favicon (although this is working o.O), logo, font family, link colour, footer,…
The weirdest thing is that if I open the .sql file, I can see that this information IS in the DB and images used for favicon and logo are in the proper path.
So after a couple of days of desperation, I can only think that there’s anywhere a place to tell Origin theme “Hey, I customized your default settings, get the info from de DB” or something.
Anyone knows about that or has a better idea of what could be actually happening?
Thank you in advance. Regards!
- The topic ‘Moving WordPress to another domain, problems with Origin 0.4 settings’ is closed to new replies.