I am trying to move a wordpress multi install to a different vhost on the same server and a different domain. Currently we are testing the process by copying everything to a new vhost, with a new database to try out the process before we move the production sites.
I can visit the new domain and see the sites we moved. The internal links have updated to use the new domain. Unfortunately the menu links all point to the old domain and I cannot find any reference to that domain in the database. I also cannot log into wordpress. I go to http://newdomain/wp-login.php and log in with the admin user. I am redirected to and logged into the dashboard at olddomain.com.
1. Do a mysql dump of current site
2. Create new database, dbuser
3. import mysql dump into new database
4. copy entire vhost with wordpress install over to new virtual host
5. update wp-config with new database name, dbuser, password, and siteurl
6. searched through all files in vhost (theme files, everything) for the old domain and replaced with new domain
7. create an apache entry for the site
8. updated fields in wp_(x)_posts, wp_site, wp_blogs, wp_sitemeta
9. when updating the fields in the database above still did not resolve the issue
– Used the search and replace tool (http://interconnectit.com/124/search-and-replace-for-wordpress-databases/) recommended by the codex (http://codex.wordpress.org/Moving_WordPress#Moving_WordPress_Multisite)
– searched a dump of the entire database and still failed to find a reference to the old url
I tried following the documentation I found and none of these seemed to resolve my issues:
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
- The topic ‘Moving wordpress multi to different domain and vhost – cannot log in and menu pr’ is closed to new replies.