I have a new VPS for hosting my websites. I have a new IP address, but I think it doesn’t matter, and I’m also moving my blog to a subdomain (www.mydomain.com to blog.mydomain.com).
My new blog is up and running, I have successfully imported all my posts and settings, so I “just” need to redirect my old blog pages to the new one.
I have read quite lot of article, on redirection in general and some specific about wordpress. And I tried to follow this one : http://www.seomoz.org/learn-seo/redirection.
On my server, I have a index.php and a .htaccess under /home/www, and also under /home/www/wordpress.
I tried to put the redirection in the top .htaccess :
– RedirectMatch 301 /(.*) http://blog.mydomain.com/$1 : it redirects everything including my other sites, so this is not the solution.
– RedirectMatch 301 /wordpress/(.*) http://blog.mydomain.com/$1 : it partially works some links like “Home” are not redirected
– Redirect 301 /2009/02/allo/ http://blog.mydomain.com/2009/02/allo/
It works but if I put too many redirect (one for each post) in the .htaccess, I get a server error 500
I tried to put the redirection in …/wordpress/.htaccess :
– RedirectMatch 301 /(.*) http://blog.mydomain.com/$1 : it failed also (but honestly I don’t remember why, I’ve done too many try 😛 )
So does somebody have an idea on how to solve this problem ??
That would be great !!
- The topic ‘Moving wordpress – 301 Redirection’ is closed to new replies.